Saturday, September 14, 2013

Braided Pompadour


This is one of my favorite "mom" hairstyles.  It takes a couple of minutes and keeps your hair out of your face.  The shape of the hairstyle is really pretty and flattering.  It's a great "I need to wash my hair but just don't have the time" hairstyle.

I couldn't get to a tutorial, so hopefully this makes sense enough.  You're going rat/tease where the french braid is.  As you french braid your hair back, keep the hair loose.  You want a nice round-ish shape to the braided pompadour.  You can either take the braid all the way back so that it meets up with your pony tail, or you can section it off with a few bobby pins.  I didn't incorporate the braid into my ponytail because the shape didn't look as pretty on me.  I then combed the sides and pulled the rest of my hair into a tight bun.  I can wrap an elastic around my ponytail three times.  For this look I wrapped the elastic around twice and on the third time I didn't pull my hair all the way through the elastic.  Then I just messed around with the bun and added a few bobby pins to get the shape I wanted.  If your hair is a little bit thin, or fine you can put your hair into a ponytail and then rat/tease the tail.  Then either take the ponytail out and do it again, making the bun, or you can add another elastic.  That will give you some more volume to work with.  Or if you prefer you can ditch the bun and just leave your hair in a straight ponytail!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment