Saturday, September 7, 2013

DIY SKIN BRIGHTENER! YOGURT AND HONEY FACIAL MASK


yogurt honey maskMy good friend and neighbor Jodi recently realized a life-long dream of hers by opening up her very own salon and spa in our town called Mind Ur Bees Wax.
For many years she has been a master esthetician at a very exclusive salon and spa in Park City, Utah. Her clientele has included the “rich and the famous”! But now she’s opening her own place literally on Main Street, USA and is offering her services to “real people”…like me!  (I’m sure she’ll still have the “rich and famous” coming to see her…she’s that good! I just hope I’m around one of those time!) ;-)
Anyway, she was nice enough to treat me to an amazing organic facial the other day and now I think I’m hooked! I haven’t treated my face very nice over the years…but I’m TRYING to be better about that now that I’m “not as young as I used to be”. ;-)
Even though I will DEFINITELY be going back to see Jodi for her professional treatments, I wanted something I could do at home in between those times. She was kind enough to give me this recipe for an organic face mask that ALL of us can make at home with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen right now.
Yogurt and Honey Mask Ingredients:
1 tablespoon plain yogurt
1 teaspoon honey
Dash of ground cinnamon
Dash of ground nutmeg
yogurt honey mask
yogurt honey mask
Mix in cup or bowl (at this point you WILL be tempted to EAT it…it’s that good! You must resist…this is for your face!) and apply to face. It might tingle just a bit at first, that just tells you it’s working. Leave on for 7 to 10 minutes and wash off with warm water.
According to Jodi, the yogurt contains lactic acid which gently exfoliates dead skin cells and brightens the complexion. It also contains probiotics, so it’s great for healing blemishes. Thehoney naturally hydrates the skin and is rich in antioxidants and has anti-microbial properties. Cinnamon has a warming effect on the skin which brings fresh, oxygen-rich blood to the surface to kill bacteria and detoxify the skin and gives a healthy rosy glow. Nutmeg helps to “plump” the skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
yogurt honey maskLOVED this stuff! It was EASY to make and it felt so cool and refreshing on my face!  When I washed it off….my face felt soft and moist. Usually after using a mask I immediately feel the need to slather on moisturizer…but I didn’t feel that way at all.
One more tip from Jodi:
Try it before a night out!  Your makeup will go on more evenly and your skin will be soft and glowing!
I’m definitely going to try that!
Thanks Jodi!
My skin thanks you too!

yogurt honey mask

No comments:

Post a Comment